Thursday, December 22, 2005

life's lessons

Hi guys…

Looks like God isn’t finished with me yet. I sense he is on a mission to turn me into a better person this holiday, although I had to learn these lessons the hard way. I learnt a very tough lesson yesterday (okay..about 3 days ago) about driving….

I was on my way to meet some friends for dinner at 7pm. Before getting out of the house at 6.20pm, I had been playing computer games the whole afternoon. I was pretty tired, but I was overconfident that I could get to the place on time. Moreover, it was raining, and I was driving pretty fast on the slippery road at about 70 km/h.

I managed to ‘conquer’ a bend pretty easily at gear 4 but then things started to happen so fast. I lost control of the car (which was my mum’s 20-year-old Proton Saga), and it started swerving around. I was driving like a mad man in curves, and heading directly towards a Perodua Kenari on the opposite side of the road. I instinctively swerved to the left to avoid it, but it was too late.

I felt a substantial knock on the door, and the next moment the front part of the car was in the ditch. I was so afraid, almost to the extent of crying out. The guy from the kancil came towards me and tried to pry open the door but it was knocked inwards so badly, and the glass was shattered. After I found my glasses, I got out of the car through the other front door, and called my parents. Man, I was so afraid , because I have never expected myself to get into this time of situation in my entire life. I’ve seen accidents before, I have never imagined myself getting into this kind of wreck.

Of course, my parents and the victim’s ‘friends’ came along to assess the situation, but luckily there were no injuries that required hospital treatment. As for the kenari, its tires burst and I believe the engine was knocked so badly it couldn’t run again. A police report, and expensive payments for insurance claims had to be made. 2 tow trucks were also called, but it took the men over an hour to get the proton out from the ditch. The situation was complicated because the steering shaft (which controls the front tires) broke, and in the end both tow trucks had to be used. The undercarriage of the car was badly damaged because it scraped against the concrete when it was pulled out.

Until today, the costs for the damages haven’t been estimated yet, but its still gonna cost a bomb. My parents decided that if the repair costs (for the proton only) exceed its value substantially, the car might as well be condemned. As a matter of fact, this was the 3rd time that this same car was involved in accidents. The first time was by my brother, and the 2nd time was by my grandfather ( which was hit my a 4WD, estimated repair costs RM 4k!).

Yes indeed , the Lord isn’t done with me yet. After a depressing start to the holidays by a sprained ankle in Melbourne, now this! sigh...but the bible does say...all things work out for the good of those who love him. its indeed true...and i'll keep on holding to His promises. amen!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online