Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Luen Fong Restaurant, Tanjung Tualang, Perak

This is not an ad.

Heaven forbid, but I have indeed forgotten to acknowledge one of the best seafood restaurants I've been to in Perak: Luen Fong which is located at Tanjung Tualang, about 45 minutes drive from Ipoh.


The restaurant proprietors have allowed customers to order local dessert from the adjacent roadside stalls. This is Ipoh's variant of the ice kacang, a popular Malaysian dessert.


There was also deep-fried tofu with sliced onions, carrots and chilli sauce.


Some steamed freshwater fish which I do not know the name of, but its flesh is really fresh and flaky, and it doesn't have that fishy smell too.


Fried prawns in a slightly spicy batter. I like this!


And here is the restaurant's signature dish: fresh steamed prawns which have a reddish shade to their shells. It is absolutely yummylicious, in my opinion.

You may find Luen Fong Restaurant at 19 Market Street, 31800 Tanjung Tualang, Perak or call 05-3609267 / 012 -5336166

Note: Booking are hard to come by on the weekends [due to the bus loads of Chinese tourists] , so for a quiet lunch, weekday afternoons are advisable!


I had some prawn noodles on my last lunch in Ipoh. The broth is bursting with prawn flavour, and the sambal adds a nice spicy touch to the soup.


Darn, all this talk about food makes me yearn for my Kuching kampua noodles.

Laters!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online