Thursday, September 09, 2010

Food in PJ

Malaysians and food are an inseparable lot. Wherever you go, local cafes and restaurants are found in abundance.

I visited this yong tau foo shop a while back on Independence day (31 August) in Taman Paramount. They serve exquisite yong tau foo with a host of other selections, such as this Oyster Porridge.

You basically just go to the counter and choose which yong tau fu you'd like ranging from vegetables (large chillies, egg plants, ladies fingers) to crispy wonton skins. After you've made your selection, they'll pour some hot soup onto the plate to warm it up.

At other yong tau foo outlets I've tried so far, there is a slight chemical smell and starchy taste to the fishballs. over here, all the food is made fresh daily, so kudos to them.

You can have the yong tau foo on its own, or have it with some fried noodles as I've done here.


Would I return? Definitely!

Choong Kee Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice is also one place not to be missed. It's at 80 Jalan SS 22/25 Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya.

I ordered the large chicken claypot rice. It's basically chicken marinated in soy sauce, served on top of rice with some spring onions. The large portion is RM 13, while the small one is RM 7. There are additional charges for chinese sausage (lap cheong) and salted fish. I'm not a big fan of them anyway, hence I skipped those options.


There are also some other dishes you can order on the side, such as ginseng with kampung chicken and lotus root with pork rib for RM 5.

Would I return? Yes!


Not far from where I work is Teow Chew Meng restaurant, which serves delicious hakka soup dishes with seafood. Personally, I'm not a big fan, of soupy dishes, but this one got my attention. The sharkfin soup noodles is definitely worth a try. 


The kueh tiaw with seafood soup is also good, but I guess it lacks the rich taste of the previous dish.








Looks like this place has been visited by the Star newspaper several times, hence it has already earned quite a reputation.


The restaurant has a clean but utilitarian interior similar to most Chinese restaurants in Malaysia.


Yep, we finished the whole bowl. Yummy!


I've visited Roast and Toast before, but this time we returned for a quick 15 minute breakfast. As always, the char siew pork is deliciousy crispy and sweet on the outside, and it's tender too.


If you're impressed with the pork, you can order an additional side portion for RM 6.


My brother had the hakka noodles. Kinda reminds me of kolo mee back in Kuching. I wish they made their char siew this elegant back home.

Hope you've enjoyed the pics folks. Hope I didn't make you drool on your keyboards. 

Cheers~

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online