Saturday, March 26, 2011

PJ ss 17 night stalls


My brother and I had dinner at the Petaling Jaya ss17 commercial area earlier. I also managed to take a few shots with the Samyang 85mm f/1.4.

We don't always eat at places like this because of the dubious nature of how the stall owners maintain the hygiene of their food and eating utensils (as they do not have a proper shop and running water). So, we choose to be safe rather than sorry later.

The roti canai mamak stall.

This stall sells pretty decent Chinese desserts such as tong sui.

Behind the desert stall is a series of rickety tables and chairs for you to sit down and have your meals.


The not-so-mobile roti man (bread man)

I guess I was a bit cowardly to go right up to the subject with a wide angle lens. Hopefully I'll have the guts to try a more direct approach next time.

cheers.

2 Comments:

Alex Chng said...

Brandon,
Did you shoot with a tripod?
How did you get the white balance so consistent?
Did you use PS burn & dodge?
Thanks.
Alex

brandon said...

Hi Alex,

No tripod was used.

I used Auto WB, and shot in jpeg.

No PS, they're just jpegs straight from the camera.

cheers,
Brandon

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online