Monday, September 21, 2009

Pre-Brownlow Medal Fashion Parade featuring AFL players

The AFL Grand Finals in vogue for this week in Melbourne. Many programmes have been lined up for the public, and the Pre-Brownlow Medal Fashion Parade is one of them.


I wasn't sure what the Brownlow medal signified, so I had search it out on wikipedia.

The Chas Brownlow Trophy — better known as the Brownlow Medal (and informally as "Charlie"), is awarded to the "best and fairest" player in the Australian Football League (AFL) during the regular season (i.e., not including finals matches) as determined by votes cast by the officiating umpires after each game. It is the most prestigious award for individual players in the AFL. It is also widely acknowledged as the highest individual honour in the sport of Australian rules football.


There was a tent set up for a live radio telecast on the AFL program.


Quantas also placed a massive football in the middle of the Fed Square courtyard so that the public can do some painting on its surface.



Toyota, being one of the main sponsors of the AFL showcased some of its new generation models, such as the Aurion and eco-friendly Prius.


The show host was talking to the AFL players about their choice of suits for the Brownlow Medal awards.


After interviewing all three, the fashion show commenced. Truth told, I was hoping the designs to be much more fabulous. Perhaps I should've lowered my expectations.


One thing I should mention is that the clothes are from young designers. Yes they're cheaper than the more established names, but I feel that they don't have the same elegance and maturity, especially for an official function like the Brownlow Medal.


Well, what am I to make such judgements? I admit I do lack taste in my own dressing sense, hence it's better for me to shut up than to say anything at all..






I think I prefer this dress sans the obscenely large ribbon on the front.





Nowadays, the blue skies in Melbourne only appear in the morning till mid day, after which large clouds come in from the west and obscure the sun's lovely light.



CH2


Ah... what a wonderful day. I'll be photographing some flowers tomorrow. Hopefully the trip will be worth my time. I sincerely hope the clouds won't come in and take away the blue skies I so desire !

cheers.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online