Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When time is running out

When was the last time you took a picture that you were really proud of, and you wanted to do it again, and again?

Ever since my first venture with HDR (& Photomatix for that matter), it has always been a struggle for me to improve my capacity in this area of photography, even after 6 months of practice.

I mounted my 50 f2 and a ND8 filter, not knowing what to expect. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.


I walked along Southbank a little further, and asked myself what could I do with this scene.


The 7-14 is a great lens for wide angles, but any brightly lit subject that casts its rays will most likely cause some flare. The 9-18 would've been great for this purpose, but of course I have to make do with what I have.



Its always advisable not to have any people appear in the shots. Its a pain to remove them later. It gives the city a surreal look too with nobody in sight ;)


I've always asked myself what could I do with this old pier before me, so here are 3 different angles altogether.





I reckon this is the best of the collection so far. I wish the authorities could do something about the rubbish collectors along the riverbank. This scene could've looked much better without them!

Time is of the essence, and its running out for me. I'm trying to make every picture I take now worth my time here. Any of them could be my last image of this wonderful city that I love.

Laters.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

you are leaving melbourne soon???

Well, you will find yourself in a place that you will fall in love all over again.

Btw, why not trying shooting those scenes with dramatic skies? Peri-sunrise and sunset for example.

brandon said...

thanks for the suggestion

Perhaps I'll do that after I get bored of what I'm doing now :)

aLz said...

these are my fav so far!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online