Thursday, November 01, 2007

Gila notebook part 2

Basically last night after I've stated that Dell notebooks s**k, I've been getting a few complaints. So today, I'm going to 'hentam' some other brand notebooks that I've seen so far.



  • Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB)
  • 1G DDR2 RAM (upgradeable to 2GB) - 2 gb nowadays is NOT enough to run Vista unfortunately. Better upgrade to 4Gb if u hav the $ cos Vista eats up lots of memory

  • 15.4" WXGA (acer widescreens are quite nice, especially if you get the 'crystalbrite' version
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8600 GT -256MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM, up to 768MB of shared system memory), quite good for games

  • Dolby® certified surround sound system with 2 built-in stereo speakers and 1 subwoofer supporting low frequency effects - ok , at least better than the dodgy speakers in the previous Acer models.

  • 250GB SATA HDD

  • 5-in-1 Card Reader
  • Weight 3kg - more towards the heavier side for notebooks, but its intended as a desktop replacement anyway, so its okay.
  • RRP: Rm 4,199.00 - quite affordable I say for its specs. Prob you have to add extra rm500 - 800 to upgrade its RAM to 4gb.
One thing I don't understand about its design is, it looks so cool on the outside, but dodgy on the inside. If you want to design it, either make it pure white/ black on both outside and inside.


Looking down towards the keyboards. Doesn't look too impressive, looks so kiddy!

Sadly, it sort of only looks good from this angle.

I can say all of this, cos one of my friends has this exact same model, and I've used it too. Man, it lags so much, cos windows vista eats up all the RAM (he upgraded it to 3gb of RAM mind you).

I just wished that there 's a winXp OS version of this laptop, then it will be just perfect. Thats all
for now. More laptop reviews to come - if I can think of anymore, that is. Hehe.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online