Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Trip to Great Ocean Rd, Day 1

After the dust has settled from my previous vendetta, I set foot towards my future in trepidation, hoping that all would be for the best and that life would continue as usual. But nonetheless as a photographer, I enjoy beautiful objects, landscapes and people, and I strive my best to showcase them in their best moments.

Here are some snapshots of my recent trip to Great Ocean Road with some friends last weekend.



Had a small beef, bacon and cheese burger for breakfast. For 2 bucks, its not that bad for a meal on the go.


We stopped by Woolworths for some supplies, aka. fruits and water.


This is our first beach stop, although we didn't exactly go anywhere near it. Albeit the cloudy weather, its still a nice place to visit and have some fun.


An overall view of the beach from the observation deck.


The roads that lead down to Great Ocean are windy, but breathtaking at the same time. Of course, I've heard there are more beautiful sights in New Zealand, but until I get there myself, I guess this would have to do for now.


Another road stop along the way to admire the views. Despite how serene this scene looks, it was bitterly cold and windy.


Our second beach stop. After all, who can resist such beautiful blue skies, and pristine coloured sands ?


Surfer boys. Its about some time that I've seen such a "large" group of them in a while.


I really love this beach (when the weather is good). Hopefully I'll be able to return here in the near future.


At last, we finally made it to the 12 Apostles rock formations. Though the weather was still generally cloudy, a few patches of sunlight still manage to give some definition to the landscape, unlike a completely cloudy day.


As you can see here, one of the apostles has unfortunately been reduced to a pile of rubble :s
I guess even the most hardy lot cannot resist nature's onslaught of wind and water.


Looking in the other direction , 2 other apostles can be admired from the viewing platform.


One last glance at those majestic rock formations before making way to Warnambool where we would spend the night.


Oh.. those beautiful cloud formations! How I would adore more of them to occur closer to home.


A grab shot from the car window before the sun sets below the horizon.


Had my first real taste of KFC original recipe in a long while. It was nonetheless very satisfying.

Hope you've enjoyed this series. Stay tuned for day two!

1 Comment:

Ananda Sim said...

Very nice colours on the Apostles Brandon. You caught them at the right time and day and also of course, well executed.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online