Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rialto 360 Observation Deck countdown


In approximately 20 minutes, the Rialto 360 will be closed to the public 14 years after being opened to the public on July 20, 1994. It will be converted to a restaurant. I guess for a view of Melbourne after that, you would have to order something for their menu!


A few of us from Fotoholics decided to have a look at the tower (one even for the first time) since its going to close. Oh.. by the way, you can see the place which I'm staying in from this view, but I wouldn't tell you which one ;)


The MCG stadium. There were heaps of people around visiting the place, including some folks I've met from the Melbourne Strobist Group.


We had to wait patiently for the sun to set.


And yes, I finally got the golden sunset picture that I wanted (to some extent) here.


It almost seems as if the beating heart of Melbourne was sadly waving goodbye to the existence of the Observation Deck as the cars passed by.


The moon was also shining brilliantly in the sky.


At 10pm, we were promptly whisked away by the Observation Tower attendants. It was a little unpleasant, but they had a job to do :s

And that's it folks. Your final chance to view the observation deck is today, 31st December 2009 at 6pm.

This is my final blog post for the year 2009. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone !

1 Comment:

Marylyn(SuperNan) said...

Sad day when such a view had to be closed.
I have written a page in memory of this fantastic place.
http://www.family-getaways-melbourne.com/rialto-melbourne.html
I do hope that you don't mind my reference to your great blog?
The pictures are fantastic!
Regards,
Marylyn(SuperNan)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online